Tuesday 26 March 2013

George Kelly - Corrections

I put on a post about two cases from Liverpool.  The Burns & Devlin and George Kelly case.  I received a reply correcting my post.  Charlie Connolly pleaded guilty to robbery After Kelly was convicted, and despite his bias against reprieves, it was down to the Home Secretary as to whether a reprieve was granted, not Lord Goddard. The first time they met was at the Bridewell. I think the reply was from George Skelly but I could be wrong, but if so, thank you and I stand corrected.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog. Keep up the good work. What about the wrongful execution of Walter Rowland in 1947? Another victim of bent cops and Lord Goddard's refusal to hear fresh evidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Mr skelly. I try to vary my posts and I can be abrasive in my comments, but I stick to as much fact as I can get. Comments are entirely mine. I do have a book on dubious gallows convictions. The Walter Rowland case I will try to do an appraisal on, at some point. Respect Daryl

      Delete